Removing Stubborn Laundry Stains
- Buy your stain removal and other cleaning products from a janitorial supply store, instead of the supermarket. These stores can provide you with better, cheaper cleaning products. They are also more knowledgeable when it comes to stain removal, and will provide you with better advice than you could get from a supermarket or hardware store.
- You can waste a lot of time and money by using washers and dryers incorrectly. Take a few minutes to read the small booklets that came with your washer and dryer.
- The fresher the stain is, the easier it is to remove.
- Always remove as much of the stain as possible before treating. Be as gentle as possible, as rubbing or wringing can cause a stain to penetrate more deeply. Remove spilled material gently, with a spoon or butter knife.
- Start at the outside of the stain and work inward to avoid spreading the stain. Always blot, and never scrub.
- Avoid staining other parts of the garment, by spreading the stained part over a towel or absorbent pad.
- Always test the stain removal product on an inconspicuous place, such as a shirttail, inside seam or hem.
- Air-dry treated items afterward, to make sure the stain is fully removed. Some stains are not easy to see when the garment is wet, and putting them in a hot dryer could set them.
- Never combine stain removal products (especially ammonia and chlorine bleach, which create dangerous fumes).
Back to Advice
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/irisnet/public_html/stain-removal-methodscom/inc_free/inc_free.php on line 9
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/irisnet/public_html/stain-removal-methodscom/inc_free/inc_free.php on line 18
Warning: mysql_numrows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/irisnet/public_html/stain-removal-methodscom/inc_free/inc_free.php on line 27
All Purpose Cleaners,
One Step RV Cleaners,
Automotive Parts, more...
Tea Tree Oils,